AV50 Long Reach, Articulated Arm for use with AV50-02 Desk Mount or AV50-03 Wall Mount
SEE ACCESSORIES LISTED AT END
This high quality, artiuculated arm has 3 articulation points and is height adjustable. It terminates in an E-Arm socket and can be mounted onto a wall or desk.
This is how it works and how it is assembled:
- The articulated arm is inserted into the socket of the articulated arm support assembly which might be on a wall mount, desk mount or on a pillar stand
- An 'end arbour' pole is inserted into the 'E-Arm' socket at the end of the articulated arm and locked into position.
- A microscope holder or camera/lens holder is mounted onto the end-arbour
- The microscope head is placed into the microscope holder or a camera/lens system is attached to the camera/lens holder
- The 'end' arbour' can be tilted to the desired angle and locked into position.
- The articulated arm can be extended, turned and height adjusted to the desired length and clamped
- The microscope/lens can be focussed using the focus knob on the microscope holder.
- Optional ringlights or gooseneck illuminators can be added.
- High quality build and design
- Very long reach
- Spring-Loaded height adjustment
- 3 Articulation points
- Extremely stable even at maximum extension
- Fully adjustable height and reach
- Rotable arm
- Rotatable and tiltable microscope holder options
- Numerous clampable positioning components
- Choice of optional 'end arbour' diameters
- Large choice of optional microscope holders and camera /lens holders
- Unobstructed bench area
- Optional Table and Wall Mounts
- Articulated Arm Maximum length: 85cm (99.5cm with typical microscope holder attached)
- 3 Articulation Points
- Articulated Arm Spring-Loaded Height Adjustment Range: 49cm
- E-Arm Socket at end of Articul;ated Arm, Socket diameter 15.9mm (takes any end arbour holder with an E-Arm)
- At least 4Kg load on microscope holder
Options for the end of the stand: SEE ALSO ACCESSORIES LISTED AT END
Optional End Arbours
An ‘End Arbour’ is a high grade steel pole onto which microscope holders (also known as focussing rings) and other devices can be attached. They are hinged at the top with a clamp so the angle of the arbour and therefore the attached holder can be adjusted. At the bottom the have a knurled cap which screws into the end, it is removed so that holders can be slid onto the arbour and it is then replaced to prevent any possibility of the holder from sliding off. At the top they have an ‘E-Arm’ which is a special 5/8th inch diameter spigot (with a recessed clamping section). This inserts into the end of the Boom Arm (or Articulated Arm) and is firmly clamped into place. End arbours are available in different diameters, the most common is 25mm and this must match the hole in the microscope holder.
- AV60-25 25mm diameter
- AV60-32 32mm diameter
Optional Microscope Holders
25mm Diameter Arbour Mounted Microscope Holders:
- 7247: 76mm Diam.
- 4673: 84mm Diam.
- AVH39: 39mm Diam.
E-Arm Microscope Holders (no End Arbour required) - these give less flexibility compared to arbour mounted microscope holders:
- AVH76E: 76mm Diam.
- AVH84E: 84mm Diam.
- AVH39E: 39mm Diam
E-Arm Track Mounted Microscope Holders - the advantage of these is thatyou have a long focus range without having to reposition the height of the horizontal pole:
- AVH76TE: 76mm Diam.
- AVH84TE: 84mm Diam.
- AVH39TE: 39mm Diam.
E-Arm Camera/Lens Holders with 1/4in. Tripod Mount - these screw directly into camera/lens systems that have a tripod mount socket:
- AV-TM-E: Tripod Mount (left)
- AV-TM-NE: Tripod Mount N-Type (third from left)
- AV-TM-TNE: Tripod Mount Track N-Type (right)